Monday, March 31, 2008

I think you're dishy

A trend that seems to be quite literally hanging around (boom-tish!) is plate hanging. And not only plate hanging - group plate hanging.
A stunning hung plate arrangement by Bird in the Hand on Flickr.

I have to admit, plate hanging is something I am completely smitten with. I have 2 particularly special blue and white plates that belonged to my husband's Grandma, hanging above the doorway into my kitchen. I also have 2 gorgeous plates, one large, antique guilded number, and one very cute small plate featuring a dachshund yet to be hung. I'm forever looking on ebay, esty and in all the second hand stores for interesting plates that I could add to my little collection. Here are some of my favorite hanging plate photos from Flickr:

My hanging plate favorites on Flickr.

There is a wonderful artist from New Zealand named Trixiedelicious who creates the most exquisite remixed retro plates (available to buy on Etsy). Her designs mostly carry a 15+ rating, but I think they would make for a fabulous conversation piece in the dining room.

Plate by Trixiedelicious. Buy at Etsy.

Plate by Trixiedelicious. Buy at Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment