Sunday, August 17, 2008

Shiny new things

Today I went to the Young Blood & Boom markets (part of the Sydney Design Festival). I'm glad I did, because not only did I have a nice time in awesome company - I came home with a couple of sweet items.

First up, I came across this awesome Melee lampshade (above) by Brad Stebbing. The lamp came flat packed and I had to carefully put the Freds and Fritzs together (get one and you'll see what I mean!). It's currently living in the dining room and it might stay there for now...

Then there were a bunch of street art types doing some live stenciling etc. They were giving away their art for nothing more than a donation. The cute little blue and pink number above now lives pride-of-place on the mantle piece (thank you sweets - I love it x). If anyone knows the name of this artist let me know... he has work up all over the place, including at the Roxbury in Glebe.

No comments:

Post a Comment