Thursday, June 12, 2008

Style deconstruct

The July issue of Real Living is out now. I'm particularly excited by the kids room feature (page 28/29) - except I like the style for myself! I guess I'm just a big kid.
The article gives tips on creating a kids room including how to make a lego photo frame and how to create a DIY Starck inspired Knome lamp (in red, above).

So I thought I'd de-construct the style in this article just for shits and giggles.

Personally, I always prefer to have the real deal (maybe that's the adult in me!). Below is the Kartell/Philippe Starck special edition Black Attila Gnome Stool Table. These stools come in different colours, including gold, and your best bet for getting your hands on one of these little babies would be at the Kartell shop at Westfield Bondi Junction, or at Space Furniture in Alexandria.
Lego is pretty exy these days, so unless you've got some left over from when you were a kid or from your own kids, you will need to source some. There's heaps on eBay (although some seems overpriced for second hand blocks, there are some bargains to be found!). Otherwise, if you want some new lego, check out your nearest Toys R Us.
You can also use eBay to hunt down a retro flip clock. Personally, I'd be looking for an original Copal flip clock (see below), rather than one of those cheap nasty reproductions. Just search eBay for 'Copal Clock' and you're sure to find a few. You can pick one up for about $20AUD.
The linen is called 'Sunshine' and is by Kideko. Whilst beautiful, the doona cover unfortunately only comes in one size - kids.
Team all of that with a white Flokati rug 9$129AUD) & an IKEA PS cabinet ($199AUD) from IKEA and you're nearly there.

I'd probably add something like the Numskull or Ben Frost prints above to adultify the whole thing... get you're prints from Stupid Krap!

No comments:

Post a Comment