Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Curses!

Drop the Lime is finally coming back to our fair shores in November for Stereosonic. And I'm ridonkulously amped.

If you haven't heard of Drop the Lime, you probably should have. My mate Tim told me about him a while back, and after much googling and listening, I became a serious fan.

Drop the Lime - aka Luca Venezia aka Curses! - is DJ, producer, promoter and all round musical genius (IMHO). A proud New York City native, he began his club night and record label Trouble & Bass in 2006.

He plays and produces a curious style uniquely his own - some might say it's Bassline House, Ghettotech or Fidget, but I think his style extends to many styles including Dubstep, Grime and Acid House. It's a great fun to dance to, and really reminds me of the energy of the early rave days. He has worked with my favourite Italian fidget duo, the Crookers, and he's remixed tracks for Armand Van Helden, Little Boots, Moby, Buraka som Sistema and many more.

Download his March 2008 Fabric set here for a little sample.

I personally love his Curses! mix of 'What I Need' - I was listening to a Bok Bok & Manara mix which included 'What I Need' and was reminded of just how rad a tune it is! I can't find a link to the original track, but here's a clip of someone else's 'remix' of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment