Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Konichiwa Bitches - Part 1

I've finally been planning my trip to Tokyo. There's loads of places I want to go, but I've been putting together a list of must-do shopping spots. This has actually proved harder than I thought, because some of the more secret spots only have Japanese addresses, and I can't seem to translate them to English, and can only view them on Google Maps in Japanese. But I'm pretty sure I can work out where I need to go anyway - after all, I spent years sniffing out raves in the weirdest locations around Sydney. So I think it's going to be a bit of an adventure not knowing exactly where I'm going! All I need is a map, a print out of addresses, my camera and my plastic...

Nike NSW/ Nike ID
6-14-5 Jingumae, Shibuya-Ku
TEL: (03) 5774 5585
Monday - Sunday: 12 NOON - 8PM
Website

The idea of checking out stores in other countries gives me a real buzz. Especially in Japan, because they have a reputation for having pretty dope store interiors - not to mention the totally different stock to what we get hear in Oz. The Nike NSW/ID store is no exception.
I've been hanging for some Nike IDs for ages and I'd love to cop some while I'm there. One of my favourite styles of Nike is the Structure, so I was pretty stoked to discover they've got a spotlight on these amazing Zoom Structure Triax+12. I'm loving the colourway below, even though it's a little more mod than I'd normally go for.
Kicks Lab
4-32-5 Jingumae HTS Building, 2nd Floor, Shibuya-Ku
TEL: (03) 6459 2124
Website

Kicks Lab is pretty much a staple if you're looking for kicks in Tokyo. And it's pretty obvious why from the flick below.

K-Skit

Kichijoji
TEL: 0422 47 6671
Monday - Sunday: 11AM - 7PM
Website

K-Skit is one of those secret places that people talk about but never reveal the actual location of. Luckily I have some directions, and a few photos to help me find my way. They have more stock than almost anywhere else - I've heard the place liked to what you'd imagine a Nike archive to look like. They have everything from new to used, thrashed and deadstock. I think it's going to be quite an adventure to try and find this place, but when I do, it'll be well worth it. Just check out the flicks below...
LA Avenue
1-7-1 Kichijoji Honcho
TEL: 0422 21 8333
Monday - Sunday: 11AM - 8PM
Website

LA Avenue is apparently located quite close to K-Skit, so I'll probably try to find these 2 stores on the same day. Some people say that although they don't have quite as much stock as K-Skit, the store is easier to navigate. But on the downside, the prices are pretty high. And when I say pretty high, I mean sell your own kidney to buy a pair.
Incidently, these K-Skit and LA Avenue are located in Kichijoji which is also home to the Tower Records Wall - the largest graffiti wall in Japan. This wall took 5 years to plan and complete. Pretty nuts!

Alife

3-15-10 Jingumae, Shibuya-Ku
TEL: (03) 5775 0200
Monday - Saturday: 11AM - 7PM
Sunday: 12 NOON - 5PM
Website

I'll definitely be stopping by Alife. I'm not so sure I'll find anything for myself, but the store interior is pretty sick, plus I might find some gifts. Considering there are so few places that sell this stuff in Sydney, it's definitely worth a look.

Supreme
4-32-7-2F Jingumae, Shibuya-Ku
TEL: (03) 5771-0090
Monday - Sunday: 11AM - 8PM
Website

It wouldn't be right if I didn't take a trip to Supreme to see what's up - no doubt the Tokyo stores will have the latest stock and a lot more of it than we ever get here. I suppose it'll still be madly overpriced, but I'm still down for a look.

Atmos
4-32-8 Jingumae, Shibuya-Ku
TEL: (03) 3408 3895
Website

Atmos is another staple of any kicks tour of Tokyo. Most likely their stock range wont compare to K-Skit or LA Avenue, but work a look no doubt.

Original Fake
5-3-25 Minamiaoyama, Minato-Ku
TEL: (03) 3499 3333
Website

Original Fake is by special request for DBOE. Personally I'm not a massive fan of OF or Kaws, but I'm still down for a look. Plus the store looks DOPE! I hope they don't charge me cash money to take photos inside the store... but I heard they might...

Top Shop
La Foret 1-11-6 Jingumae Shibuya-Ku
Tel: (03) 5414 3090
Website

Now for some girlie retail indulgence. When I was in the UK, I could spend hours in Top Shop. That was 8 years ago, so it's been a long time between drinks! I'm totally down with some of the steez they are repping right now and I can't wait to get myself in there for some retail therapy.
More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment