Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's gotta be the shoes!

I'm a bit obsessed with all things Michael Jordan right now. I've been researching which Jordans I like most. I decided on 3s and 5s. But along the way I stumbled across this cracker of a Wieden & Kennedy Nike TVC featuring Mars Blackmon (aka Spike Lee) and Michael Jordan:

Mars Blackmon, a Brooklyn-loving, motormouth bike courier, was a fictional character played by Lee in the 1986 flick 'She's Gotta Have It' - which also happens to be Lee's first feature film. It's def a must see if you're a fan of Spike Lee - but if you haven't seen it yet, here's a little taste:

After the crazy (yet somewhat unexpected) success of 'She's Gotta Have It', the boffins over at Nike decided they wanted Lee to come in and direct a few TVCs for Air Jordan featuring his character Mars. 'It's gotta be the shoes' was born - and the rest, as they say, is history...

No comments:

Post a Comment