Monday, May 18, 2009

Little Miss Air Max, we salute you!

Lily Allen is possibly the cutest Brit known to man. She's had her ups and downs, but I gotta give the girl props for her mad steez and love of kicks.Not many (if any) peeps can rock formal attire with Air Max 90s. But this girl does it with amazing flair. Instead of looking like a girl sneaking home at 8am the morning after school formal, she owns the look.
I know she gets called a chav, but I can't see it. I don't see any Burberry, and she definitely does not resemble Vicki Pollard. At least in the photos above...I think everyone has to give her a break over the bleached blonde/hot pink hair and bad ass trackie dacks. She did lose a baby. That's gonna crush anyone. And she split up with her man too, so I can understand the need to change your look to cope. But she still rocked her Air Max like a pro, despite her personal stuff. I can understand it, cos there's nothing like coping some hot new kicks to make me feel on top of the world again.Everyone seems to think she only rocks Air Max - but it's totes not true. I was happy to discover these flicks of her rocking Jordan 3s - especially the True Blues. Makes me believe she really is down with kicks, more than just for fashion.
And there is only one world for teaming Jordan 3s with a a girly dress - genius.
She definitely has a style that is undeniably her own. Don't change for no one Lily!

NOTE: I know that lately Lily's been rocking other steez, but I hope she stays true to herself. I guess that's the point of this post - that I don't want her to change.

2 comments:

  1. Babe she don't dress like that no more! in Nylon earlier this year she claimed she was over her sneaker stage, right about the time she chopped her locks off and stopped wearing door-knockers. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care if she doesn't dress like that right now... I think she still has it in her. You can take the girl out of the estate, but you can't take the estate out of the girl. Shit comes around man.

    ReplyDelete