Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Not another Hybrid

Nike have recently dropped the Nike Air Hoop Structure hybrid. Bringing together features of the classic Triax design with a basketball boot, the the Hoop Structure has a distinctly 90s feel. I'm not loving the black and grey, but then I discovered they've dropped Infrared colourways too...
The Hoop Structure is obviously influenced by the Jordan VI (above). Check the similarities in the ankle pads and sole shapes.
But the air bubble and toe features are distinctly Structure. Which is heaps more obvious on the Infrared colurway (below).
Being such a Structure hound, I am pretty smitten with the Infrared Hoop Structure (above). I've been itching for a pair of b-ball boots and these just might be them - if they drop out here of course.
I'd been seriously considering a pair of Air Tech Challenge Hybrids (above), but I thought they were a bit fluro for me. I think I made the right decision after finding the Infrared Hoop Structure... fingers crossed for a Sydney drop soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment