Tuesday, September 8, 2009

10 things I really like right now

1. Nike Blazers
I've never been a fan of the Blazer until I got a pair the other week. Now I can't get enough of them. Thankfully there doesn't seem to be many Blazers in Copenhagen, otherwise I'd probably be spending my last pennies on them. They're way more comfy than I had ever given then credit for - personally I think they're much comfier than Air Max or Dunks. Kind of wish I'd got a pair of Nike ID Blazers now...

2. Miss Van
Maybe it's because I'll be in Barcelona in a week or so and she lives there now - for what ever reason, I'm quite sweet on Miss Van right now. I'm hoping to stumble across some of her artwork while I'm in Barcelona.

3. Cropped Floral Cardigans
Loving cropped floral cardies right now. They're in the High St stores right now in London which kept turning me off - but today I saw a gorgeous Danish blonde rocking a floral cardie with Adidas hi-tops, grey jeans and an oversize black t-shirt. Hawt.

4. Vivienne Westwood
Read an article about Dame Vivienne Westwood the other day which rocked my socks. It said she's both the matriarch and the enfant terrible of the British fashion world. Quite a power position. She's still going strong at 68 and doesn't give a fuck if you think she's a blithering old granny or a fashionista - she just does what she's always done. Rock on.

5. Traveling First Class on Trains
Traveling first class on trains rules (in Europe). You get big comfy seats, free food, free booze and sometimes free internet and TV. I love it so much that I want to take the Indian Pacific from Sydney to Perth when I get home.

6. Damien Hirst
I've seen quite a few of Hirst's pieces since I've been away and I'm pretty inspired by what he does. Dark and funny. A lethal combo.

7. Unlike.net
Christine showed me this little gem. Unlike.net is a city guide unlike any other. Get to the real heart of your destination with local spots and things that are on that you might otherwise never know about.

8. Danish Meatballs
Om nom nom.

9. Balloon Rabbit
I love Jeff Koon. Ever since Puppy sat outside the MCA, I've been a huge fan. I saw a chair today in Danish design shop that reminded me of Koon's fabulous balloon rabbit. I forgot home much I love the balloon rabbit.

10. Lily's hair in this month's Elle (UK)
Love the blonde wig, but love the black bob with bangs more.

No comments:

Post a Comment