Friday, September 25, 2009

Barcelona: What a co-inky-dink

My apartment in Barcelona is amazing to say the least. Located in Born right next to Franca station, it is the quintessential Spanish apartment. High decorative ceilings, white walls, amazing mozaic tiled floors and my own balcony over looking the street.
My hosts, Ron and Tadaaki, are fabulous too. Last night we sat up drinking wine and chatting. It was a lovely way to start my stay in Barcelona.

Funny thing is I didn't notice until today home many cool things are located nearby. And by nearby, I mean right next door and on the same street. Last night Ron and Tadaaki were telling me about the 'devil's hip hop' that they often heard emenating from the 'hip hop' shop downstairs. When I went outside this morning, I discovered the 'hip hop' shop was actually 24 Kilates - the sneaker/art/street shop!
24 Kilates
Website: http://www.24-kts.net
Address: C/Comerç no 29, Barcelona, Spain, 08003
Phone: +34 932688437
Hours: Mon - Sat, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Then I wandered around the block, and stumbled across Limited Editions, another sneaker store. This is all totally blowing my mind because I haven't even looked at a map yet, let alone plotted out the stores I wanted to visit. They gave me directions to their other stores - there's another Limited Editions store close by, plus they also have a 2 outlet stores and an Opium (like in Paris). So I follow their directions and with 10 minutes I've visited 2 of the coolest sneaker stores I've ever seen. And not only that, but Opium has a pair of Infrared Structures in my size. No shit! Plus Limited Editions is one of the best sneaker stores I've seen - WIN!
Limited Editions
Website: www.limiteditions.org
Address: Carrer del Duc no8, 08002 Barcelona

So then I walk back towards my apartment, but head towards IguaPop, which is a gallery on my street that also has a streetwear store attached. IguaPop features art by artists like Miss Van.
Iguapop Gallery & Store
Website: www.iguapop.net
Address: C/ Comerç 15, 08003 Barcelona
Phone: +34 933 196 813

To my surprise, a few shops up - there's the Montana shop & gallery. On my street. I didn't even look on a map yet. Seriously this place is the bomb. Hopefully the guys at Montana can direct me to some Miss Van walls...Montana Shop & Gallery
Website: www.montanacolors.com
Address: C/ Comerç n0 6, 08003 Barcelona
Phone: +34 93 268 01 91

But all this goodness is fraught with sadness. I think God has sent me to sneaker hell for bad behaviour. Sneaker hell in the sense there are so many awesome kicks and not enough money in my pockets! Ah well maybe this time I'll have to be happy to just window shop...

1 comment:

  1. whooo infrared structures - like the ones in my profile pic??!?!? i'm so hot for myself every time i put them on it's disgusting.
    ps i love you more than words can describe after reading your bio. i think we might be the same person, actually.

    ReplyDelete