Sunday, September 13, 2009

Paris: Street Party on the steps of Sacré Coeur

I arrived into Paris quite late this afternoon and after I had a quick bite to eat, I decided I'd go for a wander up to Montematre. It's only about a 15 minute walk from where I'm staying. The view tonight was just beautiful (as Montmatre always is). It's the one place in Paris I have always had a real soft spot for. Otherwise, I've always found it a pretty but dirty city and never really enjoyed myself here. Considering my favourite city by far is Tokyo, Paris has a lot to answer for in terms of sanitary services.
When I got to the top, there was a party on the steps of Sacré Coeur. Music (a lot of Michael Jackson), dancing, metal drums and that amazing view. Not a bad welcome really.
Ok so maybe Paris isn't so bad... and I've got a 5 days here to be convinced it's really not as bad as I've always thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment