Saturday, August 15, 2009

Last Goodbye

I've said goodbye to my little house for the last time. It was fun while it lasted, but I have a big new adventure to look forward to. After I moved everything out, I took a few snaps when the place was empty. It's funny just how much it has changed since we first bought it.
Now my little house is going to be rented out by strangers, but I hope they enjoy living there as much as I did. Even without furniture, the house is still a very homely space. Above is the lounge room, looking into the the dining room, and below is the dining room looking back into the lounge room. Despite the controversy over the green dining room, I still love the colour. It reminds me of being about 7 or 8 years old, when I'd go for Taco night at my Godparent's house. They have a cosy green informal dining nook, and it was always great fun. I painted the dining room green because I was trying to recapture a little bit of that time of my life. I think it worked for me.
Above is the kitchen, with the blackboard cleaned off and pretty much everything removed. Remembering back to the kitchen the way it was when we bought it - with ugly benchtops, no floor and no where for a fridge - the kitchen reno we did, whilst inexpensive, made a considerable difference to the usablity of the space. I'll miss the blackboard the most.
Above is the front bedroom, with it's gorgeous high decorative ceilings and original fireplace, it really is a pretty room. Even though we used it as the spare room, I aways thought it was a much nicer space than my bedroom.

It was a strange feeling seeing it all empty without my things inside. But I still feel like it has a special character of it's own that in someways is a reflection of me. I left my mark on a little space, and that's how I'd like to remember it.

I'll miss my little house.

No comments:

Post a Comment